China to be Guest of Honor at 2017 Abu Dhabi Book Fair
Updated: 2016-04-28 20:08
China has been selected as the Guest of Honor for the 27th Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF), which is to be held from April 26 to May 2 next year.
The decision became official after a memorandum of understanding was signed between China's State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television and the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Centre on Thursday at the ongoing 2016 Abu Dhabi book fair.
Taking up some 320,000 square meters at the Abu Dhabi Exhibition Center, the annual book fair is one of the biggest and most influential international book fairs in Middle East and North Africa. The event attracts publishers, authors, and about 300,000 visitors from more than 60 countries each year.
During recent years, acting as Guest of Honor at book fairs has become an important way of providing foreign exchanges for China's publishing industry.
Various activities will be hosted by China during next year's book fair to showcase China's contemporary culture and promote exchanges in the publishing industry between China and Arabian countries.
- DPRK's Musudan missile launch appears to have failed
- No one can be impeached for being unpopular: Rousseff
- Cruz teams up with Fiorina against Trump in GOP race
- Russia launches rocket from newly-built Vostochny Cosmodrome
- Iraqi parliament approves partial cabinet reshuffle
- S. Korea, US sign space cooperation agreement