Premier Li welcomes Aung San Suu Kyi
Updated: 2016-08-18 19:18
By Hu Yongqi(chinadaily.com.cn)
China's Premier Li Keqiang and Myanmar State Counselor Aung San Suu Kyi (L) attend a welcoming ceremony at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, China, August 18, 2016. [Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn]
Premier Li Keqiang welcomed Myanmar's State Counselor Aung San Suu Kyi to China during a ceremony at the People's Great Hall on Thursday afternoon.
Suu Kyi is on a five-day visit after taking the position in April, which is second only to the country's president.
During a meeting after the ceremony, both sides agreed to stick to mutual respect, consolidate political trust, and strengthen exchanges and cooperation based on Five Principles of Peaceful Co-existence.
- Malaysian authorities say ship carrying diesel hijacked
- Army commander: THAAD would 'easily affect' China-US ties
- Twin panda cubs confirmed born in Vienna zoo
- Four killed in boat collision in Greece
- Premier Li to receive Aung San Suu Kyi
- S Korean president names 3 new ministers for partial reshuffle