Chinese student stabbed to death in Japan
Updated: 2016-11-07 10:42
A Chinese university student in Tokyo was found dead with multiple stab wounds in her neck at the corridor of her apartment on Thursday, November 3.
The victim, Jiang Ge, was in her 20s and from Qingdao, Shandong Province. She was currently completing her postgraduate in Japan, Beijing Youth Daily reported.
Jiang's roommate called the police after she heard a scream and a bang on the door that night.
Jiang was immediately sent to hospital after the police arrived. She was confirmed dead shortly after.
Jiang's mother was notified of the incident by the Japanese Embassy. She arrived in Japan on Friday night.
She said she could not cope with the death of her daughter.
"She (my daughter) told me she wanted to get a good job to make money and me happy, but only about 18 minutes later, she's dead," Jing's mother said on Weibo, a popular Chinese social media platform.
People who knew Jiang back in China have been greatly saddened and disturbed by the incident.
Jiang was in a WeChat group (another Chinese social media platform) with her high school classmates. No one in the group could believe the news, Beijing Youth Daily reported.
Jiang was an optimistic and outgoing person of integrity, her classmates said on WeChat.
The case is still under investigation.
- Summit of Climate Conscience kicks off in Morocco
- British Airways announces special fares for New Year
- S. Korean president says to accept investigation over scandal if necessary
- Names of twin panda cubs born in Austrian zoo revealed
- May's Brexit plans thrown into chaos by landmark court ruling
- Syrian army announces 'humanitarian pause' on Friday