Poisoned student in critical condition
Updated: 2013-04-16 15:45
SHANGHAI - A postgraduate student in Shanghai remains in critical condition after drinking water allegedly poisoned by his roommate.
Huang Yang, 28, in his third year at the medical school of Shanghai Fudan University, began violently vomiting and developed a fever after drinking water in his dorm on April 1. He fell into a coma with liver failure after being sent to hospital, sources with the university said on Tuesday.
On April 11, police found the contents of a water dispenser in Huang's dormitory were contaminated by poisonous compound. The compound has not yet been identified, police said.
Huang's roommate surnamed Lin was then identified as a suspect and has been under police custody.
Police are continuing to investigate the case.