Officials punished for unprofessional behavior
Updated: 2015-04-11 15:51
HAIKOU -- The next time a Chinese official wants to sneak out of the office for a quick bite or even a swim, they may think twice.
Two officials have been given public reprimands for having breakfast in working hours in the island province of Hainan, according to a statement released by the provincial discipline watchdog on Saturday.
Changjiang County officials Chen Feng'an, a deputy chief of the food bureau, and Fu Yinggui, a deputy chief of the housing bureau, were named and shamed in a notice issued to every official in the county.
The watchdog did not make clear whether Chen and Fu ate together or separately.
Meanwhile, Bao Youcheng, a deputy chief of the market regulator in Dongyang City of east China's Zhejiang Province, has also been suspended after being found swimming, naked, at a time when he was supposed to be in the office, local authorities said on Saturday.
As well as running a major campaign cracking down on corruption, discipline watchdogs across China have been on a drive against unprofessional behavior among local officials.
- Bird flu outbreaks reported in two Mexican states
- Failed developer shoots dead 3, injuries 2 at Milan courthouse
- People rescue beached dolphins in Japan
- Indonesian children's risky shortcut to get to school
- S.Korea, US to hold joint exercises
- Last batch of Chinese peacekeeping infantry arrives in S.Sudan