Mainland Taiwan affairs chief meets political figures from Taiwan
Updated: 2015-05-30 19:03
CHONGQING -- The Chinese mainland's top Taiwan affairs official met with senior leaders of Taiwan's two political parties in the mainland's Southwestern city of Chongqing on Saturday.
Zhang Zhijun, head of the Taiwan Work Office of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council, met with Huang Ming-hui, vice chair of the Kuomintang Party from Taiwan, and Yok Mu-ming, chairman of the island's New Party.
During the meetings, Zhang said cross-straits relations are at an important point, urging people from all political parties and all walks of life in Taiwan to join the mainland in adhering to the path of peaceful development of cross-Straits ties and maintaining peace across the Taiwan Straits.
Huang and Yok are in Chongqing to attend activities for Chongqing-Taiwan Week.
- China destroys 662 kg of illegal ivory
- Mainland Taiwan affairs chief meets political figures from Taiwan
- President Xi demands efforts
to ensure public safety
- Half of college students want to work in second-tier cities: Survey
- CPC publishes 'self-decoding' books for Western audience
- Capital aiming for 208 new care centers for the elderly