Publicity campaign aims to raise sovereignty awareness over Diaoyu Islands
Updated: 2015-06-27 15:57
HANGZHOU -- A campaign to assert China's sovereignty over the Diaoyu Islands kicked off in Hangzhou in East China's Zhejiang province on Saturday.
The campaign, featuring exhibitions, seminars and documentary films, is part of China's commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II (WWII).
According to the organizer, the State Oceanic Administration (SOA), the campaign will assert China's territorial sovereignty over the islands and demonstrate Japan's violation of the WWII legacy.
Activities will also be staged in other cities including Beijing and Qingdao.
The SOA has been sending coast guard vessels to patrolling waters surrounding the islands on a regular basis.
- Experts gather to confer on artificial intelligence
- Publicity campaign aims to raise sovereignty awareness over Diaoyu Islands
- 8-year-old bullied boy to receive 90,000 yuan in compensation
- A glimpse of a female drug rehab center
- Senior Tibet official under graft probe
- Lawyer in student poison case hands in seven petitions