Network will monitor environment by 2020
Updated: 2015-09-17 17:37
Zhai Qing, deputy minister of environmental protection, is seen at a press conference in Beijing on Thursday. [Photo/china.com.cn]
China will build a network to monitor the ecological environment by 2020, a deputy minister of environment said.
"The network will cover land, sea and air, and it promotes information sharing," Zhai Qing, deputy minister of environmental protection, said in Beijing on Thursday.
The system will offer full coverage of environmental quality, all pollution sources and the monitoring of ecological conditions, said Zhai.
- UN chief: Those blocking fleeing refugees should 'stand in their shoes'
- Hungarian riot police detain migrants
- IOC announces five cities bid for 2024 summer Olympic
- Japan opposition to halt vote on security bills
- Japan protesters rally as security bills near passage
- Australia launches first air strikes against IS