Terrorism is enemy of humanity, Foreign Ministry says
Updated: 2015-12-08 17:57
By Wang Qingyun(chinadaily.com.cn)
China is opposed to all kinds of terrorism, which is an enemy of all humanity, and calls for the international society to strengthen cooperation to fight terrorism, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said in a news conference on Tuesday.
She mourned for those killed in a shooting in California on Dec 2 that claimed the lives of 14 people and offered condolences to those who were wounded or lost family members in the shooting.
The shooting in San Bernardino, carried out by a heavily armed couple, injured another 21 people, according to the FBI.
US President Barack Obama, in a rare Oval Office address to the nation on Dec 6, called the attack "an act of terrorism".
- People exit rebel-held area in Syrian peace deal
- Two DPRK music groups to perform in China
- False bomb alert prompts security measures at Mexico City airport
- Russia fires missiles at IS positions
- US House passes bill to tighten visa waiver program
- Obama, Modi vow to secure 'strong' climate change agreement