China's cabinet appoints, removes officials
Updated: 2015-12-09 20:23
BEIJING - The State Council, China's cabinet, announced a reshuffle of senior government officials on Wednesday.
Peng Shujie was named deputy secretary-general of the State Council and will no longer hold the post of deputy editor-in-chief of Xinhua News Agency.
The State Council appointed Li Ji vice president of the Chinese Academy of Governance, removing Hong Yi from the post.
Luo Yulin was named chairman of the Board of Supervisors for Key Large-Sized State-Owned Enterprises.
Meanwhile, Yang Yuanyuan was relieved from the post of deputy head of the State Administration of Work Safety, and Yao Gang was removed from the post of vice chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission.
- People exit rebel-held area in Syrian peace deal
- Two DPRK music groups to perform in China
- False bomb alert prompts security measures at Mexico City airport
- Russia fires missiles at IS positions
- US House passes bill to tighten visa waiver program
- Obama, Modi vow to secure 'strong' climate change agreement