Two Chinese navy pilots survive plane crash
Updated: 2015-12-18 10:19
BEIJING - Two pilots have managed to parachute safely after their airplane crashed in east China's Zhejiang Province, a Chinese navy spokesman announced on Thursday night.
The accident occurred near a village in the city of Wenling when the two pilots from the East China Sea Fleet conducted flight training, said Liang Yang, spokesman for the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy.
There was no other damage on the ground, and the cause of the accident is under investigation, Liang said.
- Pandas prefer choosing their own sex partners, researchers find
- Tycoons exchange views on building a cyberspace community of shared future
- China successfully launches its first dark matter satellite
- Report: Layoffs may loom next year
- China launches satellite to shed light on invisible dark matter
- China strongly opposes US arms sale to Taiwan
- Good international coordination a must to combat terrorism
- Chinese embassy: spy report 'sheer fiction'
- US, Cuba agree on restoring commercial flights
- Fed raises interest rates, first rate hike since 2006
- IAEA decides to close nuclear weapons probe of Iran
- Russia, US call for common ground over issues