14 killed after bus catches fire in Northwest China
Updated: 2016-01-05 10:06
Live images show a bus burst into flames after it caught fire in Yinchuan, northwest China's Ningxia Hui autonomous region, on Tuesday.[Photo/Weibo]
At least 14 people were killed and 32 injured after a bus caught fire in Yinchuan, northwest China's Ningxia Hui autonomous region, on Tuesday.
The fire broke out on the bus at about 7 am and it was extinguished by firefighters 10 minutes later. Live images from the scene show the bus burst into flames.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation, said local authorities.
- 14 killed after bus catches fire in Northwest China
- The stories that provided the highlights of 2015
- Capital plans to beat smog by 2030
- Mexico's 'fish with feet' spotted in China
- Top planner targets 40% cut in PM2.5 for Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei cluster
- Yearender: Predictions for 2016 through 20 questions
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Former Israeli PM Olmert's jail term cut, cleared of main charge