China urges Myanmar to ensure security of Chinese
Updated: 2016-01-05 21:14
BEIJING -- China has lodged a solemn representation to Myanmar after a Chinese person was injured by a landmine on the Chinese side of the border with Myanmar on Sunday, a Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Tuesday.
"The incident is under investigation," spokesperson Hua Chunying said at a regular news briefing. "China is gravely concerned and has lodged a solemn representation to Myanmar."
Hua urged Myanmar to take effective measures to avoid such incidents and prevent the conflict in northern Myanmar from spilling over the border to affect Chinese human and property security.
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident