China overcoming corruption, confidence urged: Xi
Updated: 2016-01-12 22:01
BEIJING - President Xi Jinping has stressed that the country is gaining ground to overcome corruption, assuring the entire Communist Party of China (CPC) of the impact and future of the campaign.
Xi made the remarks on Tuesday at the start of the three-day sixth plenary session of the 18th CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.
"All Party members should maintain enough confidence in the CPC Central Committee's anti-corruption volition, the achievements of the campaign, the positive energy it brings and the prospect of our fight against corruption," Xi said.
The annual high-profile anti-graft session was presided over by top graft buster Wang Qishan and attended by other senior leaders including Li Keqiang, Zhang Dejiang, Yu Zhengsheng, Liu Yunshan and Zhang Gaoli.
- Spain's Princess Cristina stands trial on tax fraud charges
- Rupert Murdoch, Jerry Hall announce engagement
- Obama to deliver final State of the Union speech
- Annual Coming of Age Day ceremony held in Tokyo
- Drug lord closer to US trial as Mexico starts extradition process
- UN chief slams deadly attack on MSF-supported hospital in Yemen