Former Party chief of nat'l science association stands trial over bribery
Updated: 2016-01-18 15:26
BEIJING -- Shen Weichen, former Party secretary and executive vice president of the China Association for Science and Technology (CAST), stood trial on Monday on charges of taking bribes, according to a statement from a court in Changzhou, Jiangsu Province.
Shen was accused of accepting bribes worth about 95.41 million yuan (around 14.5 million U.S. dollars) between 1992 and 2014.
- Tennessee couple first to claim Powerball jackpot
- Kerry to visit China in late January
- Getting to know the New Normal
- Massive dinosaur skeleton will spill out of hall at NY museum
- Pakistan confirms detention of top suspect of Indian airbase attack
- US sailors made 'navigational error' into Iranian waters