China's urban unemployment rate steady at 4.05 pct
Updated: 2016-01-22 11:38
BEIJING -- The registered unemployment rate in Chinese cities held steady at 4.05 percent at the end of 2015, unchanged from three months earlier, official data showed Friday.
China created 13.12 million new jobs for urban residents last year, exceeding the official target, Li Zhong, spokesman for the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, told a press conference.
The government wanted to create at least 10 million new jobs and hold the unemployment rate below 4.5 percent in 2015.
- Australian police suspect overseas hackers behind threats to schools
- EU reform proposals show 'real progress': British PM
- Mainland Chile confirms first 3 cases of Zika virus
- Lanterns decorate temple to celebrate Chinese New Year in Kuala Lumpur
- Tusk to publish proposal for UK-EU settlement
- Cuba's Castro pays historic visit to France