Premier Li urges efforts to protect rural migrant workers
Updated: 2016-02-02 10:51
Premier Li Keqiang gave instructions to a national conference on Feb 1 to commend 981 representatives of rural migrant workers and 100 institutions for their outstanding work in helping the community.
Describing rural migrant workers as an important force for China’s modernization, Premier Li said the government will advance new urbanization centered on the people during the period of the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-20).
China will also improve its residence permit system to help turn rural migrant workers into new industrial workers equipped with skills and new citizens that enjoy equal rights, he said.
In addition, he urged governments at all levels to expand employment for rural migrant workers, helping them integrate into the cities.
- Obama pledges $4.2b for computer science education
- Zika a new headache for Olympics prep
- Key players in 2016 US presidential race
- Negotiating political transition in Syria 'possible': Hollande
- At least three killed in light plane crashes in Australia
- BOJ further eases monetary policy, delays inflation target