Changchun New Area approved in China
Updated: 2016-02-15 22:10
CHANGCHUN -- China's State Council has approved a plan to establish Changchun New Area in the northeastern province of Jilin.
The planned 499-square-kilometer new area, covering several districts in the city of Changchun, is expected to promote the Belt and Road Initiative and economic growth in northeast China.
Changchun New Area has strong advantages in equipment manufacturing, agricultural products processing, education and research, experts said.
Song Donglin, president of Jilin University of Finance and Economics, said Changchun New Area can be effectively linked with the Belt and Road Initiative.
The new area will promote structural transformation of the regional economy and help the future growth in northeast China, he said.
- Chinese military sets up corruption hotline
- Foreigners working in Beijing can now buy apartments immediately
- Thousand-year-old temple seeks new media talents
- First train from China to Iran stimulates Silk Road revival
- Big data for Spring Festival: 8m overseas trips, etc
- Winter swim enthusiasts celebrate the Year of the Monkey
- 2016 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show held in New York
- Pakistan confirms participation in Saudi-led military drills
- Jeb Bush gets a brotherly hand from George W. in S. Carolina
- Jail term begins for former Israeli PM Olmert
- Record-setting cold chills US Northeast
- Chinese, ROK officials to discuss Korean Peninsula issue