Chinese lawmakers approve five-year plan
Updated: 2016-03-16 10:15
Female Chinese workers sew clothes to be exported to Southeast Asian countries at a garment factory in Huaibei city, East China's Anhui province, Jan 19, 2016. [Photo/IC]
BEIJING - Chinese lawmakers on Wednesday approved the country's economic and social development blueprint for the 2016-2020 period, which sets targeted average annual economic growth of above 6.5 percent in the next five years.
- Blue diamond up for auction at Sotheby's
- Apple submits final argument before court hearing on terrorist's phone
- Cuba, US to restore direct mail links
- Kerry to travel to Russia, meet Putin on Syria next week
- Putin says Russians to start withdrawing from Syria, as peace talks resume
- Merkel says Sunday's state elections 'make her party think'