Chinese vice premier eyes closer cooperation with European companies
Updated: 2016-03-17 04:36
BEIJING -- Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang on Wednesday called on European enterprises to cooperate with China in promoting science, innovation and service trade.
Wang made the remarks when meeting with a delegation mostly composed of business leaders from Europe. The delegation is led by Henry Keswick, chairman of Jardine Matheson Holdings Ltd.
Trade between China and the UK and Europe at large has been remarkable, Wang said.
"There is great potential for the trade relationship and I hope Jardine Matheson and other enterprises can expand their cooperation with China and tap the potential in promoting science, innovation and service trade," Wang told the delegation.
- Blue diamond up for auction at Sotheby's
- Apple submits final argument before court hearing on terrorist's phone
- Cuba, US to restore direct mail links
- Kerry to travel to Russia, meet Putin on Syria next week
- Putin says Russians to start withdrawing from Syria, as peace talks resume
- Merkel says Sunday's state elections 'make her party think'