Tough strut from world's factory to fashion empire
Updated: 2016-03-25 13:56
Innovation & marketing
Local government has also felt the pain of the companies and forked out fund to aid the development of the garment industry.
A fabric market costing 1.2 billion yuan (about $180 million) is under construction in Nanchang. It will begin operation from October this year, said Qin Runming, director of the Changdong Industrial Park at Luojiaji.
"The park will help local factories cut costs, as they will not have to travel to the eastern coast to find fabric and materials," said Qin.
The Jiangxi government will also build a 30-hectare area to boost innovative design and market for the garment factory.
With a 1.5 billion-yuan price tag, the park will be completed by 2018. "It will attract design firms, labs and fashion talent," said Qin. Fashion shows and exhibitions will be organized to market these designs, and e-commerce companies will be invited to help the company sell their clothes.
"Branding and marketing will make us strong ,but it will be a hard journey, and we need face it head on and move fast," he said.
- Garment market near zoo closing, moving to Hebei province
- Garment firm shifts its focus to robotics
- Annual Garment and Textile Fair opens in Dalian
- Technology is more than a fashion trend for firms in garment city
- Victoria's Secret to open annual garment show in Dalian
- Wuxi garment tycoons on Forbes wealth list
- Replica of ancient plain silk gauze garment on exhibit in Nanjing
- China to help boost Xinjiang's textile and garment sectors
- APEC honors Suzhou silk garment maker with medal
- First lady Peng Liyuan leads fight against tuberculosis
- Faces at Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference
- In photos: Lunar eclipses visible in eastern China
- Chinese chasing Spring blossoms around the country
- Migrant couple returns to hometown to raise chickens
- Victims of Brussels attacks commemorated
- In photos: Brussels rocked by multiple explosions
- Raul Castro and Obama hold talks in Havana
Anti-graft campaign targets poverty relief
Cherry blossom signal arrival of spring
In pictures: Destroying fake and shoddy products
China's southernmost city to plant 500,000 trees
Cavers make rare finds in Guangxi expedition
Cutting hair for Longtaitou Festival
Today's Top News
Marriott unlikely to top Anbang offer for Starwood: Observers
Chinese biopharma debuts on Nasdaq
What ends Jeb Bush's White House hopes
Investigation for Nicolas's campaign
Will US-ASEAN meeting be good for region?
Accentuate the positive in Sino-US relations
Dangerous games on peninsula will have no winner
National Art Museum showing 400 puppets in new exhibition
Geared to go
The place to be