Shanghai police release list of 36 drivers banned for Life
Updated: 2016-04-06 13:18
Shanghai police on Tuesday released a list of 36 citizens who have been banned from driving for life.
This is the first time the local police have publicly shamed the drivers by publishing a list of those who have had their licenses revoked amid a crackdown on unruly driving.
Details such as names and driving license numbers were made public, after the police consulted with Shanghai's local courts.
The Police however, did not elaborate on the cases related to these drivers, but said only that some involved fatalities.
It's understood the traffic violations also included drunk-driving and hit-and-run cases.
Of the 36 drivers who were handed lifetime bans, 21 had been issued their driving licenses in Shanghai.
The Police say that even if the banned drivers manage to get a driving license abroad, they would still not be allowed to drive in China again.
- More cities take bonus and penalty in air pollution
- Shanghai police release list of 36 drivers banned for Life
- Police relax rules impeding delivery drivers
- Official's photos an unusual attraction in Chinese village
- 438 Chinese police officers die on duty in 2015
- Chinese 'parachute kids' flock to US schools
- Xi: Talks 'only correct way' for China, ROK
- Xi to Obama: Disputes should be managed
- Cypriot court remands in custody man suspected of hijacking EgyptAir flight
- Govt eyes luxury tourists amid concerns over safety
- Sleep tight and don't let sharks bite at Paris aquarium
- Aung San Suu Kyi appointed as Myanmar's new foreign minister