Former senior provincial legislator expelled from Party, office
Updated: 2016-06-02 19:58
BEIJING -- Wang Yang, a former senior legislator in northeast China's Liaoning province, has been expelled from the Communist Party of China (CPC) and removed from public office for multiple offenses including graft and election foul play.
The CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI) announced the decision in a statement released Thursday.
Wang was deputy head of the Standing Committee of the Liaoning Provincial People's Congress.
- Swiss declare Alps tamed as Gotthard rail tunnel opens
- China urges Japan to properly settle Chinese forced laborers issue
- Searching for remains of Dead Sea Scrolls
- China-US relations shouldn't be hijacked by S. China Sea issue
- To cool you off: The fountain in Washington Square Park
- Americans warned about terror risk this summer