Chinese Vice Premier highlights innovation, people's well-being
Updated: 2016-06-22 02:32
Chinese Vice Premier Liu Yandong (2nd L) and Vice Premier Ma Kai (2nd R) attend a teleconference on employment and entrepreneurship across the nation in Beijing, capital of China, May 20, 2016. [Photo/Xinhua]
Liu made the remarks during a visit to eastern China's Jiangsu province, where she visited tech firms and chaired a symposium.
Authorities should deepen supply-side structural reform and focus on strategic and industrial needs as well as core technology to inspire innovation, she said.
Application, disposal and usufruct of achievements must also be properly managed to create a good environment for innovation and entrepreneurship, she added.
Liu also urged authorities to intensify work in medical insurance reform, to strengthen education equality and provide better support for rural teachers.
- British MPs pay tribute to murdered MP Jo Cox
- DPRK deploys Musudan ballistic missile in east coast
- American singer wants to perform concert in Cuba: media
- Rio government denounced for extravagant spending during crisis
- Planned Obama, Dalai Lama meeting protested
- Gravitational waves detected for second time: scientists