Official calls on media to support Belt and Road
Updated: 2016-07-27 17:32
BEIJING -- A senior Communist Party of China (CPC) official on Wednesday called on media organizations to create a sound environment for promoting the Belt and Road Initiative.
Liu Yunshan, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee, made the comment when meeting with foreign representatives at the 2016 Media Cooperation Forum on the Belt and Road.
The Belt and Road refers to the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road, a trade and infrastructure network connecting Asia with Europe and Africa along ancient trade routes.
"Media organizations can enhance cooperation through personnel exchanges and sharing news products to increase understanding of people in countries along the routes," Liu told the representatives.
"Media organizations can work jointly to create a sound environment for building a green, healthy, intelligent and peaceful Silk Road," Liu said.
The conference, hosted by the "People's Daily," has attracted participants from 212 media institutions in 101 countries.
- S. Korea to launch WWII 'comfort women' victims foundation
- China to become Australia's biggest tourist source market
- Patient shoots, kills doctor in Berlin then kills himself
- One of church attackers tried to join IS in Syria
- China's coal usage may peak by 2020, experts say
- Bavarian bomber pledged allegiance to Islamic State