Respect, protect nature during development: Xi
Updated: 2016-08-25 06:46
Chinese President Xi Jinping poses for a group photo with villagers in a village of Wushi Township of Huzhu Tu Autonomous County in Haidong, Qinghai province, Aug 23, 2016. [Photo/Xinhua]
At newly-built Banyan Village in Huzhu Tu Autonomous County, Xi met families relocated from another area.
In the new house of a Tu ethnic family, Xi watched a video of the old village where they had lived and said that relocation is an effective way to relieve poverty.
He stressed the importance of listening to what the villagers want and letting them participate in planning their new villages.
"The building of new villages should be integrated with measures to promote production and employment, improve basic public services and protect ethnic, regional and cultural features and styles," Xi said.
Poverty relief is not easy, Xi said, urging party and government officials at all levels to be firm and precise in their efforts to help people shake off poverty.
"Ethnic unity is a lifeline for people of all ethnic groups," Xi said, calling for guiding people of various ethnic groups to live with each other in harmony, maintain solidarity and seek progress together.
On religious affairs, Xi said efforts should be made to guide religions to adapt to socialism with Chinese characteristics and make religions in the country follow a sinicized direction.
Xi urged Party organizations at all levels to strictly follow the rules in all circumstances, with leading officials setting the example for others.
During the visit, Xi, who is chairman of the Central Military Commission, also met with military officers stationed in Qinghai.
- Prince William and Kate visit charity orgarnization in Luton
- China welcomes Japan to play constructive role in G20 summit
- Expert: G20 ushers in collective leadership
- Turkey to provide support for anti-IS operation in Jarablus
- China, Japan, S. Korea should work to make differences controllable
- Several killed after strong quake strikes Italy, topples buildings
- World's top 10 largest banks by assets
- Sand sculptures to welcome the G20 Summit
- Historical towns before and after Italy's earthquake
- College prepares 300 sleeping mats for parents
- Ten photos from around China: Aug 19 – 25
- Top 5 fitness bands in customer satisfaction
- Orangutan goes shopping in Southwest China
- Prince William and Kate visit charity orgarnization
Anti-graft campaign targets poverty relief
Cherry blossom signal arrival of spring
In pictures: Destroying fake and shoddy products
China's southernmost city to plant 500,000 trees
Cavers make rare finds in Guangxi expedition
Cutting hair for Longtaitou Festival
Today's Top News
Trump outlines anti-terror plan, proposing extreme vetting for immigrants
Phelps puts spotlight on cupping
US launches airstrikes against IS targets in Libya's Sirte
Ministry slams US-Korean THAAD deployment
Two police officers shot at protest in Dallas
Abe's blame game reveals his policies failing to get results
Ending wildlife trafficking must be policy priority in Asia
Effects of supply-side reform take time to be seen
Geared to go
The place to be