President Xi urges independent R&D of aviation engines, gas turbines
Updated: 2016-08-28 17:11
BEIJING - President Xi Jinping on Sunday called for acceleration in independent research, development and manufacturing of aircraft engines and gas turbines, to make China a power in aviation industry.
His words came on the heels of the establishment of the Aero Engine Corporation of China (AECC) Sunday in Beijing.
The establishment of the firm is a strategic move that will be conducive to enhancing the national power as well as the capacity of the armed forces, Xi said in a written instruction.
- Bolivian deputy interior minister killed by miners: report
- In photos: Great Dorset Steam Fair 2016
- Historical towns before and after Italy's earthquake
- Car bomb kills at least eight at police headquarters in Turkey
- Brazil's Senate begins Rousseff's impeachment trial
- Arts festival aims to unite cultures