China Daily brings you 'sixth plenums' in past 35 years
Updated: 2016-10-28 11:11
By Wu Yan(chinadaily.com.cn)
Editor's note：The CPC Central Committee holds a plenary session at least once a year in Beijing where it decides policies and decisions. The committee holds seven plenary sessions in five years.
The sixth plenary session of the 18th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), held between Oct 24 and 27, discussed the issue of strengthening the Party's self-discipline. This was the Party's eighth "sixth plenary session" since the beginning of the reform and opening-up policy in 1978.
What the CPC did in these "sixth plenary sessions"? China Daily's archives reveal the picture.
1. The sixth plenary session of the 18th Central Committee of the CPC
Dates: Oct 24-27, 2016
Decision adopted: A regulation on the norms of political life within the Party, and a revision of an intra-Party supervision regulation
The two rules, with senior officials as the major supervision target, mark a shift from the initial shock-and-awe ousting of corrupt officials to perfecting the anti-graft regulations and mechanism.
- Hefty award offered for deciphering oracle bone characters
- China Daily brings you 'sixth plenums' in past 35 years
- Party ramps up supervision
- 400,000 migrant workers flock to Xinjiang to harvest cotton
- China anticipates booming job market in 2016
- Online shopping platform selects cat as 'chief cute officer'
- Asia American leaders discuss civic engagement
- World's disabled get new champion
- Clinton, Michelle Obama make first joint campaign appearance
- Miss Philippines wins 2016 Miss International Beauty Pageant
- Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed
- Maduro activates Defense Council to seek solution to crisis