A banquet made of stones
Updated: 2015-06-27 11:57
From millionaire to homeless
Liu reads newspapers at the street corner. [Photo/IC]
The former millionaire Liu Xianglong has been roaming on the streets in Chongqing city for ten years. The 72-year-old man collects bottles and rubbish in the day and sleeps on street corners during the night.
Liu was once a businessman and earned millions. But he suffered a setback in 2004 and became addicted to gambling in the same year. He lost all his capital and ran into debt.
He refused all help from others and started to collect bottles to earn money to pay the debt.
- Beijing and Brussels unlikely to reach consensus on investment synergy
- Hollande, Essebsi vow 'solidarity against terrorism' after attacks
- French beheading suspect was 'normal neighbour'
- US condemns terrorist attacks in France, Kuwait, Tunisia
- Harper apologizes for Chinese Head Tax again
- EU leaders agree to confront migrant crisis