US returns ancient cultural artifacts, dinosaur fossil to China
Updated: 2015-12-11 11:05
"Their return to China will facilitate our fight against illicit trade in archeological objects, and help us better preserve cultural heritage for our future generations," Cui Tiankai, Chinese Ambassador to the US, said during a repatriation ceremony here.
As one of the important deliverables of President Xi Jinping's state visit to the US in September, China and the US reaffirmed their commitment to enhance cooperation on preserving cultural heritage by agreeing on returning forfeited Chinese artifacts, Cui said.
The dinosaur fossil was estimated to be approximately 120 million years old, the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said in a press release.
- People exit rebel-held area in Syrian peace deal
- Two DPRK music groups to perform in China
- False bomb alert prompts security measures at Mexico City airport
- Russia fires missiles at IS positions
- US House passes bill to tighten visa waiver program
- Obama, Modi vow to secure 'strong' climate change agreement