Man sues actress for staring at him
Updated: 2015-06-06 12:18
Zhang Beili takes a look at her wedding gown the night before her wedding. [Photo/ wj.81.cn/]
Bride holds wedding ceremony with groom
A soldier was unable to attend his own wedding on Friday as he was working around the clock to search and rescue people trapped inside the ship that capsized in the Yangtze River.
Hu Feng, 29, a soldier of the Armed Police, had prepared the wedding at home but asked his bride Zhang Beili for permission to let him join his team on June 1 when he learned that they were going to help in the search-and-rescue operation.
Hu Feng and his comrades went to the site on June 2 and worked around the clock. He even had no time to make a phone call to his bride.
The bride knew her bridegroom could not come back for their wedding ceremony on June 5 as the rescue work was still continuing, and decided to hold a bride-only wedding.
"I had no time to postpone the wedding as our relatives had come for the ceremony, I held a bride-only wedding and I know my bridegroom and our relatives would understand me," Zhang said.
That's all for today's trending, do check back tomorrow for more news from around China!
- Crews raise capsized ship to assist search
- China rescuers right ship to speed up search for missing
- More countries send condolences over China's cruise ship accident
- Test centers set stage for smooth gaokao
- 14 cities to draw red line to stop urban sprawl
- Personal items of sunken ship passengers found