Zhang Yimou wins lawsuit over film proceeds
Updated: 2016-04-08 14:24
Director Zhang Yimou. [Photo/Mtime]
In this second-instance judgement by the Beijing Third Intermediate People's Court, the sum was reduced from 15 million yuan after an appeal by New Picture.
Zhang said he had signed an agreement with the company in 2009 under which they would each get a 50-percent share of the revenue from A Simple Noodle Story minus the film's promotional costs. But the director claimed he never received any money.
Zhang filed a lawsuit against the company in 2014.
- World Bank unveils $25b aid plan to fight climate change
- Xi: Talks 'only correct way' for China, ROK
- Xi to Obama: Disputes should be managed
- Cypriot court remands in custody man suspected of hijacking EgyptAir flight
- Govt eyes luxury tourists amid concerns over safety
- Sleep tight and don't let sharks bite at Paris aquarium