Natalie Portman to attend Beijing International Film Festival
Updated: 2016-03-23 13:53
Actress Natalie Portman arrives at the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in Beverly Hills, California February 22, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]
A rising Hollywood star in recent years, Portman has been popular in China since 1994, when she got her first role in Leon.
The actress is also admired by Chinese audiences for her academic excellence. In fact, most of her Chinese fans recognize her as a multilingual Harvard graduate, who scored at the top of her class.
In 2010, she was given the Best Actress Oscar for her performance in the psychological thriller Black Swan, which won her more die-hard fans in China.
The actress will also work to promote her self-directed film A Tale of Love and Darkness at the event.
- Police issue wanted notice for suspect after Brussels attacks
- China eyes cooperation plan for Lancang-Mekong countries
- Toronto's colorful former mayor Rob Ford dies of cancer
- NASA's Kepler sees first 'shock breakout' in exploding star
- First case of Zika virus detected in S.Korea
- Syrian mothers: Survival and loss