'Go Away, Mr. Tumor' shortlisted by Tiantan Award
Updated: 2016-04-07 10:20
Poster of Go Away Mr. Tumor. [Photo/Mtime.com]
Two Chinese films The Master and Go Away, Mr. Tumor have been named as finalists for the Tiantan Awards, which are given at the annual Beijing International Film Festival, which runs from April 16 to 23.
An official from the festival, Zhu Jiang, said the two films are among a total of 15 to compete for ten awards.
"This year, we have received a total of 430 movies from 42 countries, among which 203 are domestic movies. The movies have much wider themes than before and their quality has also improved. After four rounds of competitions, 15 movies have stood out and will be in the final pool of selection."
The Tiantan Awards 7-member selection jury has also been revealed. It will be chaired by Brett Ratner, the producer of The Revenant and Birdman.
Chinese mainland actress Xu Qing and Hong Kong director Teddy Chen will also appear on the juging panel.
The annual Beijing International Film Festival was first held five years ago, and its Tiantan Awards added in 2013.
The Festival has invited more than 3,000 guests this year, including Natalie Portman, who will come with her latest film A Tale of Love and Darkness - which she wrote, directed and stars in.
Oscar winner Christoph Waltz is also expected to make an appearance.
- More cities take bonus and penalty in air pollution
- Shanghai police release list of 36 drivers banned for Life
- Police relax rules impeding delivery drivers
- Official's photos an unusual attraction in Chinese village
- 438 Chinese police officers die on duty in 2015
- Chinese 'parachute kids' flock to US schools
- Xi: Talks 'only correct way' for China, ROK
- Xi to Obama: Disputes should be managed
- Cypriot court remands in custody man suspected of hijacking EgyptAir flight
- Govt eyes luxury tourists amid concerns over safety
- Sleep tight and don't let sharks bite at Paris aquarium
- Aung San Suu Kyi appointed as Myanmar's new foreign minister