Coco Lee wins I Am A Singer Season 4
Updated: 2016-04-10 10:07
Hong Kong pop star Coco Lee wins the finals of the fourth season of I Am A Singer, April 8. [Photo:/Weibo.com]
The 41-year-old singer collaborated with American R&B singer Ne-Yo during the first round of competition, bringing a rendition of Michael Jackson's hit Earthsong onto the stage.
Wearing a red chi-pao, Coco Lee finally won the trophy for her performance of signature song A Love Before Time, which is also the theme song of Oscar winning film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
Regarded as one of the most influential pop diva in Asia, Coco Lee was the first Chinese to sing at the Oscars and perform at the opening ceremony of the NBA.
She broke new ground in Chinese pop music history by successfully mixing urban music with Western R&B.
She also worked hard to spread Chinese pop music to the world and allow more and more people hear her powerful voice.
Seven talented singers, including Jeff Chang and Hacken Lee, were among the competitors for the champion at the finale.
I Am A Singer is a Chinese version of the Korean reality show of the same name, broadcast on Hunan Television.
The previous winners of the show include Yu Quan, Han Lei and Han Hong.
- World Bank unveils $25b aid plan to fight climate change
- Xi: Talks 'only correct way' for China, ROK
- Xi to Obama: Disputes should be managed
- Cypriot court remands in custody man suspected of hijacking EgyptAir flight
- Govt eyes luxury tourists amid concerns over safety
- Sleep tight and don't let sharks bite at Paris aquarium