Coming up: TV series on pawn trade
Updated: 2016-05-11 16:47
By Xu Fan(chinadaily.com.cn)
Actors Chen Baoguo (left) and Wang Gang. [Photo provided to China Daily]
The upcoming series centers on the owners of two pawnbroker's shops in Beijing, and reflects the transformation of the ancient business.
"Beijing locals will see something familiar and close to their daily lives. But they'll also find something to think about behind all the laughs and tears," Li Wei, the director, recently said at a promotional event for the series in the Chinese capital.
Chen, 60, is a household name in the country for a number of influential small-screen roles, such as the title role of Han Dynasty (206 BC-AD 220) ruler Liu Che in the hit series Emperor Wu.
"They are places for antique treasures that survived harsh times," Chen said of the pawn trade.
He was present at the same event as Li.
- First joint EU-China civil exercise begins in Shanghai
- Uncertainty over EU referendum vote impacts UK economy: Think-tank
- Canadian miner sells world's most expensive rough diamond for record $63 million
- German, Cuban FMs hold talks on bilateral cooperation
- Putin prevails in Sochi all-star ice hockey game
- US guided-missile destroyer visits Tonga