US guided-missile destroyer visits Tonga
Updated: 2016-05-11 17:27
SUVA - United States guided-missile destroyer USS Spruance (DDG 111) has arrived in the Tongan capital of Nuku'alofa on a routine visit to the Pacific kingdom, local media reported Wednesday.
The US naval ship, which arrived Tuesday, will be in Nuku'alofa for three days, until Thursday, according to Radio Tonga.
USS Spruance is in the Pacific on a regular deployment as a part of the Pacific Surface Action Group, which also includes other US naval ships, according to a press statement from the US Third Fleet.
While in Nuku'alofa, crew of the US naval ship presented gifts to students from a range of local secondary and primary schools.
- First joint EU-China civil exercise begins in Shanghai
- Uncertainty over EU referendum vote impacts UK economy: Think-tank
- Canadian miner sells world's most expensive rough diamond for record $63 million
- German, Cuban FMs hold talks on bilateral cooperation
- Putin prevails in Sochi all-star ice hockey game
- US guided-missile destroyer visits Tonga