Beijing 2022 bid delegation arrive in Kuala Lumpur
Updated: 2015-07-25 21:42
KUALA LUMPUR - The delegation of the Beijing 2022 bidding committee has arrived Saturday afternoon in Malaysia's Kuala Lumpur, where the host city for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games and Paralympic Games will be unveiled on July 31.
The delegation began to prepare for the final vote after arriving here.
The 128th session of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) will be held from July 31 to August 3. The host city for the 24th Winter Olympic Games in 2022 will be unveiled on the first day.
The delegation will show the desire and pursuit of Chinese people for Olympic Games once again, also with Beijing's ability and confidence to host the 2022 Winter Olympics, according to Wang Anshun, Beijing Mayor and President of the Beijing 2022 Bid Committee.
2008 Summer Olympics host Beijing competes against Almaty, Kazakhstan in the race.
On the election day, Almaty and Beijing will give their respective final presentation to the IOC members.
Following the presentations and a report given by the Evaluation Commission Chair, the IOC members vote to select the host city, before IOC President Thomas Bach announces the host city.
- Tian'anmen gets early makeover for grand parade in September
- China eyes deepened cooperation with overseas NGOs
- Beidou navigation system moves a step closer to global coverage
- Integration will bring opportunity for overseas talent
- Ten photos you don't wanna miss (July 20-26)
- Sansha city, three years after its founding
- Elvis Festival pays tribute to the King of Rock 'n' Roll
- Four-color rice turns paddy field into artwork
- Images capture modern life of a warrior monk
- The world in photos: July 20 - 26
- Amazing landscape of China in white and black
- Across America over the week (July 17- July 23)
- Unusual but true: 'Love' conquers all
- Six dead as rainstorms wreak havoc in China
Seventh China-US strategic dialogue
Premier Li embarks on Latin America visit
What do we know about AIIB
Full coverage of Boao Forum for Asia
Annual legislative and political advisory sessions
Spring Festival trends reflect a changing China
Today's Top News
Beijing condemns Somali attack, mourns deaths
China eyes deepened cooperation with overseas NGOs
Monster Hunt breaks Chinese box office record
Olympic bid panel cites city's merits
Astronomers discover most Earth-like planet yet
Seattle Chinatown leader killed in shooting
Flight details of Obama's Kenya trip leaked
2 killed, several injured in Louisiana theater shooting
Geared to go
The place to be