Key events during Beijing's bid for 2022 Winter Olympics
Updated: 2015-07-28 00:31
KULAR LUMPUR - Following is backgrounder on key events in Beijing's bid against Almaty, Kazakhstan, for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games:
November 11, 2013:
The Chinese Olympic Committee formally announced its bid to the International Olympic Committee as a candidate city for the 2022 Olympic Winter Games.
March 14, 2014:
The IOC announced five bidders: Beijing, China; Krakow, Poland; Oslo, Norway; Almaty, Kazakhstan; and Lviv, Ukraine.
July 7, 2014:
The IOC announced a shortlist of candidate cities: Beijing, China; Oslo, Norway; and Almaty, Kazakhstan.
August 1, 2014:
The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Bid Committee takes their first group picture, which was posted under the official bid logo, designed in the form of the Chinese character for "Winter".
October 1, 2014:
As Oslo quitted the race, Beijing and Almaty started a two-horse race.
January 6, 2015:
Representatives from the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics Bid Committee arrived in Lausanne to deliver their candidature file to the IOC.
March 24-28, 2015:
The IOC Evaluation Commission visited Beijing.
June 1, 2015:
The IOC released the report by the Evaluation Commission for the Olympic Winter Games 2022.
June 9-10, 2015:
Beijing 2022 delegation traveled to Lausanne for the 2022 Candidate City Briefing.
July 31, 2015:
The host city for the Olympic Winter Games 2022 will be elected at the 128th IOC Session in Kuala Lumpur following a final presentation by the cities.
- Venues of Beijing's 2022 Winter Olympics bid
- A look back at picturesque host cities of the Winter Olympics
- China pledges 'clean' Winter Olympics
- Winter Olympics more than a Snow White tale
- Backgounder: Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics bid milestones
- Expo's Beijing Week ends with bid promotion for 2022 Winter Olympics
- Tian'anmen gets early makeover for grand parade in September
- China eyes deepened cooperation with overseas NGOs
- Beidou navigation system moves a step closer to global coverage
- Integration will bring opportunity for overseas talent
- Ten photos you don't wanna miss (July 20-26)
- Sansha city, three years after its founding
- Elvis Festival pays tribute to the King of Rock 'n' Roll
- Four-color rice turns paddy field into artwork
- Images capture modern life of a warrior monk
- The world in photos: July 20 - 26
- Amazing landscape of China in white and black
- Across America over the week (July 17- July 23)
- Unusual but true: 'Love' conquers all
- Six dead as rainstorms wreak havoc in China
Seventh China-US strategic dialogue
Premier Li embarks on Latin America visit
What do we know about AIIB
Full coverage of Boao Forum for Asia
Annual legislative and political advisory sessions
Spring Festival trends reflect a changing China
Today's Top News
Beijing condemns Somali attack, mourns deaths
China eyes deepened cooperation with overseas NGOs
Monster Hunt breaks Chinese box office record
Olympic bid panel cites city's merits
Astronomers discover most Earth-like planet yet
Seattle Chinatown leader killed in shooting
Flight details of Obama's Kenya trip leaked
2 killed, several injured in Louisiana theater shooting
Geared to go
The place to be