Hangzhou bids for 2022 Asian Games
Updated: 2015-08-17 19:38
BEIJING - Hangzhou, capital city of Zhejiang province in southeast China, has submitted its bid for the 2022 Asian Games, according to the Chinese Olympic Committee on Monday.
The Olympic Council of Asia, sports governing body of the region, will decide the host city of the 2022 games in Ashkhabad, Turkmenistan at its 34th congress on September 16, 2015.
If Hangzhou wins, it will be the third time that the games is held in a Chinese city after Beijing in 1990 and Guangzhou in 2010.
Beijing was selected to host the 2022 winter Olympic Games last month.
- Country's highlights at the Asian Games
- China leads medal table as Asian Games close
- Highlights of Asian Games on Sept 29
- 17 world records set so far at Incheon Asian Games
- Highlights of Asian Games on Sept 26
- Fuzhou's Yao claims gold medal hat-trick at Asian Games
- Highlights of Asian Games on Sept 24
- In pictures: Life near Tianjin blasts site
- The world in photos: Aug 10-16
- In the face of chaos, people persevere
- Top 10 most expensive office markets in the world
- Times Square 'Kiss-In'
- School turns into place of shelter in Tianjin
- Earliest site of coal fuel found in Xinjiang
- Top 10 Chinese cities with highest property prices
Seventh China-US strategic dialogue
Premier Li embarks on Latin America visit
What do we know about AIIB
Full coverage of Boao Forum for Asia
Annual legislative and political advisory sessions
Spring Festival trends reflect a changing China
Today's Top News
Sodium cyanide in Tianjin to be collected, neutralized
Premier Li pledges thorough investigation into deadly blasts
Experts say J-10s would benefit Iran
Indonesia rescuers head to mountains in missing plane search
New York event marks war anniversary
Li, 24, runs for House
China, US engage in human rights
China investigates Tianjin blasts, experts focus on chemicals
Geared to go
The place to be