Johnny Manziel reportedly goes missing in New York
Updated: 2016-05-31 10:32
Johnny Manziel missed a helicopter flight Saturday to the Hamptons, where he was expected to host a small Memorial Day weekend party for friends and family, the New York Post's Page Six is reporting.
Johnny Manziel was a no-show for a party he was supposed to host in the Hamptons and has not been seen since Friday night. [Photo/Agencies]
Some of Manziel's family members decided to leave without him after trying unsuccessfully for 15 minutes to reach him.
The last time Manziel has been seen was Friday night, according to the report, when he was involved in a confrontation outside the Trump Soho in lower Manhattan. TMZ has video of Wayne Schneider — the owner of Precision Concierge, the company from which Manziel and his friends rented a Mercedes they ended up crashing in Los Angeles last month — blocking the vehicle Manziel was riding in and demanding money.
People have been lining up to take shots at Manziel recently, and his behavior has invited this type of treatment. But with friends saying his drinking and drug use have him in a "horrible downward spiral," and his own father expressing concern about his son's life, perhaps Manziel's current state of being calls for a certain level of sympathy.
- Chinese G20 presidency 'ambitious' in seeking solutions for global growth: OECD official
- UNICEF alarmed at refugee, migrant deaths in Mediterranean
- 35% of northern and central Great Barrier Reef destroyed
- Vintage plane crashed in Hudson River during emergency landing
- 2,000 refugees relocated on first day of major police operation
- No sign of EgyptAir plane technical problems before takeoff