Schalke 04 to play Guangzhou Evergrande, R&F
Updated: 2016-06-21 15:18
File photo shows FC Schalke 04 vs Real Madrid during the Football Champions League on Feb 26, 2014. [Photo/IC]
GUANGZHOU - Schalke 04 will play two friendly games in China against Guangzhou Evergrande and Guangzhou R&F, the games' organizer said at a press conference here on Tuesday.
Schalke 04, who finished fifth at last year's German Bundesliga, will play Guangzhou R&F on July 5 and Chinese Super league champions Guangzhou Evergrande on July 7, according to the organizer.
The organizer said Schalke's star players including Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Argentinian international Franco Di Santo and Japanese defender Atsuto Uchida had already confirmed to play.
"Schalke 04 are a very strong side with many international players. It will be a very good opportunity for us to promote Guangzhou and Chinese soccer," said Guangzhou R&F coach Dragan Stojkovic.
- Planned Obama, Dalai Lama meeting protested
- Gravitational waves detected for second time: scientists
- 48-hour 'silence regime' starts in Syria's Aleppo
- UN Security Council adopts resolution on Libya arms embargo
- US extradites top drug lord 'El Guero Palma' to Mexico
- Houston firm joins China clean energy project