Yanqi’s MICE tourism ambition after APEC
Updated: 2014-11-14 15:48
APEC media center aims at building itself into a top film and television industry base.[Photo/Xinhua]
Media center to be top film and television industry base.
Adjacent to the Yanqi Lake, there is a gray building with an arched gate, with surrounding water platforms clear as mirrors. It served as the media center during the APEC summit for thousands of journalists and media professionals from home and abroad.
The building was originally built as a cultural park based on the Chinese literary classic Dream of the Red Chamber, featuring settings of the novel like the Rong Ning commercial street which are perfect for film or TV drama shooting. Now it incorporates entertainer training, TV drama production, technical service and tourism, aiming at building itself into a top film and television industry base.
- S. Korea to hold drill in islets disputed with Japan: Seoul
- China, Pakistan pledge to strengthen air force cooperation
- B20 urges G20 to make bold commitments for growth, jobs
- Britain to introduce tough new foreign fighter laws
- World's tallest man meets world's shortest man
- Lang Lang honored with German award