Heavyweight Zhang wins unanimous decision
Updated: 2015-06-08 04:51
By WILLIAM HENNELLY in New York(chinadaily.com.cn)
Heavyweight Zhang Zhilei raised his record to 4-0 with a unanimous decision over Glen Thomas on June 6 at the Barclays Center in New York.[Photo provided to China Daily]
Boxer Zhang Zhilei scored an impressive victory in his fourth professional fight on June 6 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
The heavyweight from Zhoukou, Henan province won a four-round unanimous decision over Glen Thomas (1-4) that saw him register knockdowns in the first, third and fourth rounds.
Zhang (4-0) fought on the undercard of the Miguel Cotto-Daniel Geale bout, in which Cotto defended his WBC middleweight crown with a fourth-round technical knockout of the Australian challenger.
Zhang (6-6, 262) was the silver medalist in the super heavyweight division at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics.
- Rescuers enter Eastern Star hull in search efforts
- China mourns Yangtze shipwreck victims as search continues
- 9.42 million students sit national college entrance exam
- Students prepare to take national college entrance exams
- TV giants suspend shows for ship wreck mourning
- China, Japan reopen finance talks after delay over sour relations
- Turks vote in election set to shape Erdogan's legacy
- Protesters block road to G7 summit site
- India, Bangladesh sign historic land boundary agreement
- Putin says no need for West to fear Russia
- MERS cases rise to 50 in S.Korea with 9 more infections
- Eleven hikers killed in Malaysia quake, eight still missing