Upgrading strategic partnerships a boost for diplomatic ties
Updated: 2016-01-06 15:01
China's hectic diplomatic year 2015 saw President Xi Jinping spend 42 days conducting eight trips abroad. It also witnessed an ever-increasing recognition of the country's enhanced global role and a boost in diplomatic ties with major world powers including the United Kingdom and United States, and neighboring countries like Pakistan and Indonesia.
Visits to Pakistan in April
China and Pakistan long viewed each other as "iron friends," and upgraded their relations to an all-weather strategic partnership of cooperation.
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident