At least 20 victims from Burkina hotel attack: hospital director
Updated: 2016-01-16 08:36
OUAGADOUGOU - Around 20 people have been killed in an attack by suspected Islamist militants on a hotel in the capital of Burkina Faso on Friday, according to the director of the university hospital who spoke to patients wounded in the attack.
The hotel is estimated to have more than 100 guests, according to Xinhua.
"We have received around 15 wounded people. There are people with bullet wounds and people who are injured because of falls," said Robert Sangare, director of Ouagadougou's university hospital centre.
- Massive dinosaur skeleton will spill out of hall at NY museum
- Pakistan confirms detention of top suspect of Indian airbase attack
- US sailors made 'navigational error' into Iranian waters
- 14 killed in tour bus crash in central Japan
- Blasts and gunfight in Jakarta leave six dead
- Jakarta police headquarters in first-security alert