Greetings from president of Kenya
Updated: 2016-02-04 23:09
President Kenyatta's message of goodwill and best wishes to the people of China
My family and I send our best wishes to all who will celebrate the Chinese new-year on Monday 8th February, 2016.
Kenya and China have traded for centuries. We were allies in the long fight against imperialism and colonialism. These days, we are partners in growth, working together on projects of transformative ambition. We celebrate that old, strong friendship between Kenya and China, and we look forward to even closer ties between our countries and peoples in years to come. I wish you all a peaceful and prosperous Chinese new year 2016.
Uhuru Kenyatta, C.G.H., President of the Republic of Kenya 4th February, 2016
- UN special envoy announces temporary pause of intra-Syrian talks
- Taliban kill 10-year-old hailed as militia hero
- Obama slams anti-Muslim rhetoric during first visit to US mosque
- Australian police suspect overseas hackers behind threats to schools
- EU reform proposals show 'real progress': British PM
- Mainland Chile confirms first 3 cases of Zika virus