Egypt Air flight hijacked and lands in Cyprus
Updated: 2016-03-29 14:35
Hijackers forced an Egypt Air plane reportedly carrying 82 passengers to land in Larnaca Airport in Cyprus on Tuesday, according to Xinhua.
Egypt's civil aviation authority says the flight was flying from the Egyptian coastal city of Alexandria to the capital, Cairo. A Cypriot government official says the hijacked plane landed on Tuesday morning at the airport in Larnaka and that there are suspicions of a bomb on board.
A second Cypriot official says there "seems like there's more than one hijacker." He says there have been no demands other than that police vehicles move away from the aircraft.Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity under regulations.
- Airplane- enthusiast farmer builds 'military helicopter'
- Beijing promotes eco-friendly burials ahead of Tomb-Sweeping Day
- More female students who study abroad are returning to China
- Problems the Northeast must solve
- Tough strut from world's factory to fashion empire
- China and UK team up in smart city development