Texas gun law worries incoming students
Updated: 2016-08-05 10:30
By MAY ZHOU in Houston and HEZI JIANG in Beijing(chinadaily.com.cn)
The Texas Campus Carry Law
Concealed handgun license (CHL) holders must be 21 or older with few exceptions.
Guns allowed at:
Outdoor areas,buildings and spaces accessible to the public, including classrooms.
Dorms at Texas A&M University, Texas State University, the University of North Texas, Stephen F. Austin State University and Sam Houston State University.
Guns banned at:
Sports arenas; spaces where K-12 programming is held; certain labs and animal-research facilities; patient-care areas.
Dorms at UT-Austin, the University of Houston, Texas Tech University, Prairie View A&M and Texas Southern University.
Private colleges are allowed to opt out of the law until 2017. So far, only Amberton University in Garland, is planning to allow guns on campus in the next school year.
- Nepal's newly elected PM takes oath
- Texas gun law worries incoming students
- China vows to deepen economic, trade cooperation with ASEAN
- Fire guts Emirates jet after hard landing; 1 firefighter dies
- Egypt's Nobel-laureate scientist dies of illness in US
- THAAD muscle flexing unmasks anxiety over declining hegemony