1 killed, 5 injured in S. Korean oil pipeline explosion
Updated: 2016-10-14 17:12
SEOUL - One worker was killed and five others injured in a South Korean explosion incident that happened in the country's southeastern city of Ulsan, Yonhap news agency reported on Friday.
The explosion occurred at around 2:35 pm local time (0535 GMT) at an Ulsan branch of the state-run Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC).
When six workers affiliated with subcontractors of the KNOC were replacing decrepit oil pipelines, the explosion took place for an unidentified reason, the report said.
Police is investigation details.
Among the five workers injured, two are in critical conditions, according to Yonhap report.
- Hollande, Merkel, Putin discuss how to implement Minsk peace deal
- Pentagon vows to respond to attempted missile attacks at US destroyer near Yemen
- NASA to invite private companies to install modules on space station
- Trump accused of inappropriate touching by two women
- White House denounces terror attacks in Afghanistan
- Republican voters frown on party establishment's criticism of Donald Trump